Friday, July 10, 2009

Oh, Baby!

For any readers who may also read Katy's blog, Our Daisy Life, you'll know that we are expecting our third munchkin in January. At this point, we don't know if its another girly or that coveted manchild. I have a secret to tell you....come closer....closer.....shhhh...

I don't care whether its a boy or a girl!

Really, I don't. At one point in my life, I would tell you with certainty that I needed that manchild to pass the hunter/gatherer skills to, to teach to camp and fish and love the outdoors as much as I do, to be interested in "boy things" like video games and rassling. But as my two precious angels have gotten older, I've realized two things:

1. Girls can like that stuff as much as boys. Hannah loves camping and video games and Josie loves rassling with dad.
2. It doesn't matter what gender a kid is, he/she will like the things that he/she will like. There's no guarantee, should we have a boy, that he won't be interested in dolls and dressup instead of guns and trucks.

So, would I like to have a boy? Sure, if nothing else than to help to balance the estrogen in the house with a little testosterone. But I will be just as happy with another healthy, beautiful baby girl.

1 comment:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Beautifully said! You're such a good writer. We pray your 3rd child is born healthy and happy!