Sunday, July 8, 2007

Happy Birthday, America!

Its hard to believe you are only 231 years old. You don't look a day over 230.

I love the 4th of July! Sure, its a day for BBQs, spending time with family, and trying to stay cool. But my favorite thing about Independence Day is what the holiday is all about. Celebrating America. Celebrating this God-blessed land of ours, with all her faults. Celebrating the freedoms we enjoy and those who have died, and continue to die, to protect those freedoms.

The signers of the Declaration of Independence knew that by signing the Declaration, they could be signing their death warrants. Yet they did it anyway. I firmly believe that these men, who were far from perfect, were inspired men. Whether they knew it or not. For what they signed and put into motion was the beginning of one of the greatest countries in the world. Through the years, millions of people from all over the world have sought her freedoms, protection, and aid.

For these reasons and more, I am proud to be an American! Is she perfect? Of course not. But as long as there are brave men and women who are ready to stand and fight to defend her and her citizens, as long as she stands ready at a moment's notice to send aid and comfort to those around the world who are starving, sick, or otherwise in need of help, I am proud to be an American.

God bless America!

PS I know this is 4 days late. So, sue me!

1 comment:

Katy B. said...

Nice Testimony of your love for the USA. You're wife is a lucky lady.