Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not the type to be just sharing my feelings or thoughts or whatever to anyone who happens to cruise by. I'm usually a reserved, quiet sort of guy and it drives most people completely batty!
So, why start this blog? Ugh! The word "blog" just conjures up images of 20-something's sitting around Starbucks sipping their Venti Chai Latte listening to some Euro Indie musician. Either that, or some 15-year old girl who is crying because the dream-guy, Sky, at school didn't notice her new jeans. Or some politico trying desparately to "save" the world. I'm not any of those (although many will try to claim I'm the last one).
I'm not downing bloggers. I know that there are plenty of "normal" people who blog. My wife and quite a few of her family members all blog. Its a great way for people to keep in touch and share life events with each other. No, I don't have a problem with bloggers. Its just that, for me, until about a month ago, whenever someone mentioned the word blog, I pictured one of the afore-mentioned three types of people.
So, what is this, if not a blog? I don't know. I'd like to call it a BlogBQ. One of my favorite types of food is BBQ. But its not the food that I love as much as it is the event of a BBQ. To me, a good ol' fashioned BBQ is an event where friends and family come together, each bringing a side-dish, to enjoy each other's company and catch up on the news. That's what I envision for my BlogBQ. There are no set themes, no food assignments. Just bring your favorite side dish and I'll provide the main course....me.
The ironic thing is that my original purpose for starting this is to provide myself some motivation as I try to lose some weight. I'll still use it for that and post periodic updates on my progress. I expect you all to either give mad props for successes or chastise me for failures (or, more likely, for not posting at all). I'm counting on you.
Anyway, I'll try to post as often as I can. I usually don't have a whole lot to say and you will probably not get some serious touchy-feely posts or comments from me (see paragraph 1). But I will do my best. Who knows? Maybe this will provide some therapy for me to get me to open up or whatever. I know that's what my wife hope for. Right, Katy?
Water...I Need Water.
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment